2012年2月14日火曜日

Brocoli Is Goo For What?

brocoli is goo for what?

Broccoli & Avocado Pesto Over Pasta

What Veggie Delights is all about: I'm convinced that I can share with you some really amazing meatless dishes that you will love, even if you're not a Vegetarian!

Last week I was really craving some good ole pasta.  It's literally been MONTHS since I made pasta.  I try to stay away from it, because I will eat an entire pot of pasta on my own if you let me.  So not good for the diet!

I didn't have a meal planned for dinner one night, though.  Seeing as hubby and I are really trying to cut back and stay on a budget, I didn't want to go out to eat.  So I got creative.


Dreaded Broccoli Cookbook: A Good-Natured Guide to Healthful Eating, With 100 Recipes
Learn more
Barbara Haspel

I had pasta…tons of broccoli from my local produce order…lemon…parmesan cheese…garlic.  My mind immediately went to pesto.  A delicious broccoli pesto over whole wheat pasta.  MMmm.  Then my eye caught a a very brown avocado on the counter that was on its way out.

Interesting idea, I thought to myself.

{Avocados have kind of become like garlic and onions are for me.  I add them to just about any recipe I possibly can.  Tee Hee.}

Interesting it was…and perfectly delicious.  I've never had avocado in a pesto before, but it added a wonderful creamy surprise to the pesto.  It was SO good.


Dreaded Broccoli Cookbook: A Good-Natured Guide to Healthful Eating, with 100 Re
Learn more
Barbara and Tamar. HASPEL

0 コメント:

コメントを投稿